6.30.2009

INSPIRATION : A. BRYAN PHOTO


Ok, so you all may not know this about me, but I used to be a professional wedding photographer... It's how I came into the land of weddings, and where I fell head over heels in love with pretty paper. It's been years since I shot a wedding, and I can't say I have missed it. It's stressful, and exhausting, and SO MUCH pressure. And then, I went to Mia's wedding, which we all worked so hard on, and which meant a great deal to us as friends of the bride and groom, and friends of some of the other vendors (we now share space with The Floral Studio who did the SPECTACULAR arrangements) and I watched Bryan work. And he shot film, from a Rollieflex, an old school twin lens camera, just like I used to shoot, and he shot with a Holga, a toy camera, just like I used to shoot, and he had an arsenal of toy cameas for playing around with. And it felt effortless and perfect. He had a second photographer shooting digitally I believe, and they shot a mix of color and black and white. I was excited, I watched them work, I knew they didn't miss a shot. There is nothing like rushing to reload film as the mother of the bride gives a speach, and STILL getting the shot. Outstanding. And here I am over a week later, still thinking about it, having an affair with film. I've pulled the polaroids out of the closet, I've ordered some film, I'm dreaming up subjects like my days in art school. This morning I got an extra special sneak peek at some of the pictures from Mia's wedding. I can not wait to share them with you once Bryan gives me the go ahead. For the mean time, feast your eyes on these, a quick selection of photos from their site. Be sure to check out their blog as well. I could go on for hours.... I don't usually swoon. I-am-swooning! They are an incredibly talented team of photographers!